- This event has passed.
Easy 3D Modeling with Tinkercad
May 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Learn how to make and edit 3D objects using TinkerCAD, the simple & free web browser-based modeling program!
3D files you design can be used as art or be 3D printed using a 3D printer.
After this class you will be able to:
- Open and edit existing 3D object files (ie .stl or .obj)
- Create your own models using libraries of geometric shapes
- Adapt and re-mix existing 3D models
- Optimize your files for 3D printing
- Export your design as a 3D printable file
- Have fun in 3D!
Each student’s final project will be 3D printed at the Makerspace and can be picked up the following weekend.
Class Length: 90 minutes
Min/max registrations: 1-4
Instructor Bio: Jason Davies is the Education Coordinator of Bellingham Makerspace and is the owner/operator of Dauntless Design Works. He is a graphic designer, maker, and idea fountain who loves to help others make cool stuff.
By purchasing and/or attending this class session, you are agreeing to abide by the Bellingham Makerspace Code of Conduct and signing off on our Waiver of Liability.
COVID-19: Too keep everyone safe, masks (can provide), hand sanitizing (at entrances), and social distancing are encouraged at Makerspace. Maximum class size has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
Class fees: All class fees include materials. If you are a current Bellingham Makerspace member or scheduled volunteer you may select the discounted member registration.
Cancellations: All classes have a minimum number of participants. If the instructor specified number is not reached 24hrs before the class is scheduled to start, the class will be cancelled and any registrations refunded (Eventbrite fees are non refundable).
Refund policy: You may request a refund from Eventbrite no later than 24hrs before the class starts (Eventbrite fees are non refundable). After that point instructors and participants are committed and we won’t be able to provide any refunds.
- When and where to arrive? Please arrive 5-15min early for sign-in. Park outside Dick’s Sporting Goods. Enter the mall through Dick’s, Makerspace is the first on the right.
- Is there an age limit? All our classes are 18+ (14-18 with parental permission) unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
Other questions? Email us at [email protected]